Liebster AwardPosted: April 30, 2013
Thank you so much to Misinformed Mother for nominating me for this award! For those of you who don’t know what the Liebster Award is – it is an award bloggers with not more than 200 followers as a form of recognition and support to continue blogging. I am so happy I was chosen! I will try not to let you down. 🙂
– Thank the person who nominated you.
– Answer the 11 questions posted on your nominator’s blog.
– Give the award to your chosen 11 bloggers. Don’t forget to inform them about it by leaving a comment on their blog.
– Pose 11 of your own new questions to your bloggers.
– (Optional) Stick the Leibster award on your blog.
The 11 Questions to answer:
- 1. Country living or city living?
I love city living in my hometown Chicago. There is every type of person and most of them are friendly. There’s always an opportunity to explore something new on any budget from a walk along the river downtown to wonder at the amazing architechture in Chicago to Broadway show with tickets starting at $10.
2. Wine or Beer?
I am a wine girl who also loves bubbly. I would have said beer ten+ years ago in college and during the party years that followed.
3.Morning or night person?
I am a morning girl, which started around 26 years of age. It’s the best feeling to accomplish a great workout, read a good book or do some of your best writing before lots of people rise. When I was young and single – I liked to party into the wee hours of the morning. I enjoy those memories and laugh about them with good friends, but also love feeding my babes now early and playing with them in those early hours.
4. What book are you currently reading?
The Good Earth – my Mom says every new Mom should read this classic.
5. If you were to write your memoir, what title would you give it?
6. What’s your favourite movie or book? Why?
The Great Gatsby is my favorite movie and book. I can’t wait to see the new movie and will have to read the book again – it’s been about four years since I last read it. I love the 1930’s era that it’s set during. I first read it with my favorite high school English teacher who helped un-pack the imagery that is easily missed. Every time I read it, I notice something new.
7. Why do you blog?
I love writing and my friends and family. Blogging is an opportunity to combine those passions. I hope my posts also allow others to learn from my adventures.
8. Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
I bounced ideas off some of my family and close friends who pushed back with helpful ideas. My friend Nicole suggested “Lipstick and Lollypops” to combine different ideas I wanted to incorporate – kids and lifestyle with alliteration.
9. What’s inside your everyday bag or for those who don’t have the need for one – what’s inside your pockets?
Keys, wallet, phone, a few diapers for my newborn and two year old, wipes, lipstick, and a Thomas train for the oldest.
10. Name a foreign language you’d like to learn and why.
I would love to learn French since it sounds beautiful and would be an opportunity to learn more about a culture, which inspires simple elegance among the masses.
11. If you had all the money in the world, is there a particular place/country you would love to move to?
Here are my nominees:
- Misinformed Mother
- Finding Tiffany’s
- The Patty’s
- WriterMom’s Blog
- Moms Living Leaner
- Counting Ducks
- Life, from the ground up
- Purple Eggplant
- The Adventures of a Single Dad
- What most inspires your posts?
- What blog content do you want to read most?
- What do you blog about most?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you could pursue any job in the world with no limitations (no education or time required), what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing to cook? If you don’t cook, what is your favorite dish to eat?
- What is your favorite quality in a best friend?
- What is your favorite quality in a significant other?
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite color?